Monday, October 5, 2015

I Saw the Lord and He Saw Me!

Years ago I was teaching at a school in southeastern Oklahoma. I drove 45 miles each day there and back. The Lord taught me to pray while driving that road daily. I remember six miles from our house there was a stop sign just after you passed my father-in-laws house; feeling the pressing to be praying I would say to the Lord, "Ok, I'll start at the stop sign." I didn't want to have to pray. I'd reach the stop sign and start praying until I reached the other point I had marked. But one day it came to the point where the starting and stopping points no longer mattered, I found myself talking to the Lord Jesus and praying on the way there, and on the way back.

We didn't turn out for bad weather since we seemed to rarely get any that far south, but one particular day in late January 2005 I received a phone call. On the other end a person was letting me know due to a water break, school was cancelled for that day. I was so excited! I thought maybe I could lay around, watch some T.V; relax for what I'm sure felt like a much needed day off! My husband who was also a teacher at the time, and taught just a block or so down the road was on his way out that morning. As he walked out the door he looked back at me and said, "You need to be reading today." I knew what he meant.... reading the word of God and praying.


After he left I got going with my day and was doing some reading. At some point I went to our work room where we had our computer and did office things. I was facing the west wall and I was on Water of Life Ministries pages reading through testimonies; in doing so, I began reading a friend's testimony. Just as I was finishing I physically felt something lifting and spinning up out through my chest and head area. It was incredible! Immediately I knew something had changed. Everything about the scriptures, God, the Lord Jesus became real and vivid to me. I've always said it was like in that moment I knew God was real!! And that, that day, the Lord Jesus showed up in that computer room!!

Knowing something had occurred and there was a presence in that room with me, I turned around as if the Lord Jesus was standing right behind me. I didn't see him physically, but the presence of the Lord was there in that room!! He was there!! My life forever began changing from that day on. Many of those things I have shared over the years, and now with some of you all here.


II Corinthians 3: 14 - 18
14: But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail (cover ) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away with in Christ.

15: But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16: Nevertheless when it ( the heart ) shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17: Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.



You want to be changed? You want to have hope? You want to know the Lord? Your spirit joined to the Lord's spirit.

You can! How?

By believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus! Say it, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!" Call upon Jesus today!!


God Bless You!
Misty

1 comment: